Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Spontaneity ~



“The essence of pleasure is spontaneity”
Germaine Greer

It all started when Charlie approached me with a question, "Ange, I need some measurements at the beach house... do you want to go with me?" He suggested we make the most out of it and stay the night. We literally threw some clothes into a duffel bag and off we went! We left Saturday morning and came back in time to BBQ dinner with our kids on Sunday!

I can't believe I almost said "No," knowing everything that needed to be done. We needed groceries, clothes needed to be washed, and the yard needed some TLC. I haven't even started on what needed to be done inside the house. How could I go and spend basically a little over 24 hours by the coast with my best friend knowing everything that needed to be done? I am so glad I said, "YES! Why not!"

I have been busy playing catch up ever since, but it was well worth it!

It was nice to do something without all the planning, calculating and thinking about all the expectations that go along with premeditation of what was to come next. You're sure to have at least some of your expectations be unmet. With being spontaneous, you don't know what will come next. It was relaxed, natural, and laid back.

Being spontaneous is just what we needed!

Life shouldn't be scripted. Right?
Why not see where it goes ~

;)

6 comments:

  1. wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful... sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, "Grasshopper", you are beginning to live the wisdom you are learning.

    Besides, anyone who can take the quality of photos you take, is living a life to be cherished.

    Thanks for sharing.

    BTW, did Charlie get all of his measurements?

    ReplyDelete
  3. after vowing to stop following, I found your post. its speaks to me... so I'm onboard.

    I'm not sure what exactly you were measuring, but it certainly took you to a very good place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jack!

    BTW ~ Charlie did get his measurements.

    Welcome Green Monkey!
    :)

    He measured windows and siding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uncle Jeff and I take those kind of trips they are fun haven't done one in a while I think we are due!

    thanks for the inspiration

    love you
    tia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

    ReplyDelete