Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Change Can Be Wonderful ~



I recently rented the movie HOME and in the scene at the beginning of the movie, it showed the mother and daughter laying on the ground with a blanket (something my mom and I would do, but that is another post), looking up at the clouds having a conversation. It went like this:

Mom: I see a whale
Daughter: Where?
Mom: Right there look ~ it's tale is up and it has a spout.
Daughter: That's a teapot.
Mom: A teapot with an eye then.
Daughter: No, it has a flower painted on it. That's the flower part.
Daughter: Oh look! I see a barking dog!
Mom: Where?
Daughter: There!
Mom: Oh that's a good one!
Daughter: Aw mom look ~ he's changing. disappointed I think he's a lizard now.
Mom: Well the wind must be swirling. Look his tail is moving.
Daughter: I wish it would stay a dog.
Mom: Change is a part of life. Everything changes.
Daughter: I hate that! I am going to make it stay a dog.
Mom: You can't ~ look it's changing even now.
Daughter: In my mind I can.
Mom: Well, it might change into something wonderful and look! there your missing it... Oh, it's a knight in armour with a sword.
Daughter: No ~ he's still changing into a lizard.
Mom: Change can be wonderful.
Daughter: But it never is.

I admit it... I am one who has a hard time with change.

Life is ever changing. You can't get away from it. There will always be inevitable obstacles and inequities of life.

I have witnessed people who being resilient comes naturally and they are able to adapt to different environment's without any problem. I wish I had more of these qualities. It is something I am working on. It is a constant struggle, although there is progress.

Change promotes growth. Moving forward.

I have come to realize, I have to change the way I think about it. I don't want to miss it. How much have I missed?!

Change can be wonderful!

:)

4 comments:

  1. I fight change too Angela. I like my rut, it's cosy!
    But what you say is right, change is growth, and can be good for us.
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post to ponder, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe the fastest I adopt change and embrace it, the fastest I can go on living my life. Change is good and if you adapt and overcome fast change won't ever seem like a burden. Love the post, and the conversation excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hard time with change as well though I accept it but I know how you feel your post is wonderful

    love you
    Tia

    ReplyDelete