Monday, February 26, 2007

Year of the Boar ~



Chinese Zodiac
Boar ~ 1947, 1959,1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019
Nobel and chivairous. Your friends will
be lifelong, yet you are prone to marital
strife. Avoid other Boars. Marry a Rabbit
or a Sheep. (My husband)

Snake ~1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013
Wise and intense with a tendency towards
physical beauty. Vain and high tempered.
The Boar is your enemy. The Cock or Ox
are your best signs. (Me)

When my Husband and I went away on our anniversary, we had dinner at our favorite Chinese Restaurant, "The Great Wall." We read our Zodiac paper place mats and have to laugh because he IS my enemy!

When we got done eating we enjoyed our fortune cookies with our hot tea. At my mom's request, whenever we get done reading the fortunes that we always add "in bed," at the end.

My husband's read: Work does not define a person; how one performs one's work does.
Mine read as: Be generous with your talent; your friends will become richer from it.

Then We REALLY laughed!

One time when my son was younger, our entire family went out for a Chinese meal to celebrate my Mom's birthday. We went around the table taking turns reading our fortunes and ending them with "in bed." Some of them were absolutely hilarious. Well, my son really thought that they ended that way. He was mortified and started begging us to leave at once! Which made us laugh even harder. He said to me "Mom, this place is not good. Can't you just feel it? Look at the way you guys are carrying on!!" When it was his turn, he opened up his cookie, popped the cookie into his mouth, refused to read his fortune, crumpled it up and threw it under the table! We all had to show him our fortunes and let him see that none of them ended with "in bed!" He wanted to know who's idea it was to do it that way. We all looked at my Mom and his eyes were as big as a dollar-piece coin. He then said in shock "Nana!"

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story :)

    XO Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...now we all know your method of operation...sleeping with the enemy!
    Too Funny! If only life was as simple & predictable as a zodiac chart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! We used to do this in college, but haven't done it lately (although I must admit, I usually think it in my head!).

    Happy belated birthday! Hope it was a special one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Angela, how I laughed when I read you post! Us Nana's, you got to watch us real close. This past week in LA with my grandkids, the older ones, 15,18,20 were watching TV and the Victoria Secret commercial came on.....I said, I'm so disgusted with those underwear commercials I've decided to just not wear underwear! (just kidding) but they were all on the floor laughing so hard, so this Nanna and her grandkids love to laugh! It was a moment! It is a fun memory!
    Love and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story Angela! Did you get any snow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. I must share this with my own husband! He will laugh....
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your story....and being a grandma I can sure relate!

    I found your blog through Vicci's and I'm so glad I did. I've had a quick peek and will definitely be back for another visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phew! That story sure did give me a chuckle! Thanks! Angela! O! I am a tiger and my husband is a rabbit! whatever that means!(in bed!) lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fortune cookies, but I usually get the worst ones. I'm going to start doing the "in bed" thing from now on! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Momma,
    I SOOO remmeber this. I was completely confused the entire time though. I only got it after I was a little older. Now I get it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mum that is just too hilarious!!!! Nana is a naughty one lol!!! I wish
    I could've of been there to see Rob's reaction..... I know that
    reaction.....there have been a few times that I have embarrased
    Rob.....and he just turns so red with a big grinn on his face
    lol!

    ReplyDelete