Thursday, February 1, 2007

Say "I Love You!"



Every one of us has little opportunities each day to intentionally weave love into somebody else's life. Maybe it's through a note in a school lunch box for your son or daughter. Maybe it's a short message scribbles in the dust on top of the dresser before you leave for work. It might be bouquet of flowers to thank someone for a kindness. What about a smile to your neighbor, a song over the phone, a prayer in someones behalf?

The point is, don't sit around waiting for the big knock-your-socks-off opportunity to say "I Love You." It's the "little things" that really make a difference in the lives of those you love. Mother Teresa once said, "We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But if that drop was not in the ocean, I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. I do not agree with the big way of doing things."

I want to make that simple heart attitude and intentional giving of myself a part of the fabric of my daily living. How about you?

I don't want to live - I want to love first, and live incidentally."
Zelda Fitzgerald

taken from the book, boundless Love

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely quote, i need to check that book out.... i just loved your thoughts here... u do know the true values of love and thanks for sharing them all here.... u can sometimes drop by My Love Blog as well and have a glimpse of something u may find interesting...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have love your recent posts! You have such a way with words. Things have been hectic so I am behind in my blog-reading these days. Time to get caught up! The faith cake is a wonderful recipe and sounds so satisfying! The pictures of Yosemite are beautiful. I have never been there, but I do remember doing a report on the national park when I was in third grade! Thank you for sharing your day with us!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when someone feels like I do, and immediately we know we are on the same page, same value scale, same heart. I have send and received hundreds of notes and cards in my lifetime, and wouldn't trade one of them for money or things! They are priceless. When you gift the gift of love you are giving something that no price tag and contain. Thank you for being you Angela. Your surrender is so sweet.
    Wanda aka Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have this saying in dutch, it translates to something like: The little things, are the things that matter. So I agree with your words and those of mother teresa :)

    xo sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. AwwwWWWW Angela, you are soooo cute! but YOU are! I LOVE your tender words and I LOVE YOU! Your Faith cake recipe was sooo insightfull! That cake is sure pretty, did YOU make it? A song over the phone sounds so sweet, I get so nervous just to sing Happy Birthday over the lines altho I do try it!, the phone is not my forte'but I think I am getting better with it! You wouldn't know it, but I am kind of SHY! XOXOXO, ps. Happy Groundhog Day! Phil says early spring! I'm sorry you didn't win one of my silly crows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You let me cry with you today, or more like, I felt comfortable to LET GO, and cry with you. Thank you for letting me, errrr..vent?

    i felt your, "i love you" =)

    ~baby girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such true words Angela.

    My mom always said 'If you have a positive thought, share it...no matter what it is.' She also liked to say 'There's a unique beauty in every soul, it up to you as to whether or not you see it & recognize it.'
    What you quoted here sums up both of those statements very well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely thought, Angela. Life is so fleeting and so unpredictable. I don't think we should ever pass up the opportunity to show our love for one another. This month, people will be buying flowers and candy and other gifts and sending cards that say "I love you," but isn't this something we should be doing year round? It doesn't have to be in big, splashy ways, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or cost a lot of money. All it takes is that we *think* to do it, that our mindset becomes about giving and not getting.

    ReplyDelete