Monday, March 12, 2007

You can see for miles and miles! ~



High Sierra snow capped mountains

I love it where I live! The view on a clear day, you can see the snow capped mountains in the High Sierra. It's a beautiful two and a half hour drive to get there.



Western Foothills

Just on the other side of these western foot hills you can drive over the Pacheco pass and be standing on the beach with the coast wind blowing in your hair in two hours and 15 minutes. I have gotten there in two hours flat.

When it isn't a clear day, we just have a haze over the valley and warnings of it being a "Bad Air Day," and encouraging us to stay indoors. The local papers and news stations are always giving us tips and guide-lines to live more comfortable and how to improve our air.

I have tried to do my part... very little I know in the grand scheme of things. Nonetheless, I have to believe it makes a little difference. I live one half of a mile from where I work and I sometimes walk. I will also try to wait to make a trip uptown unless I have at least several errands to make. We also have slowly changed our regular light bulbs to the energy saving fluorescent light bulbs.

I am not trying to toot my own horn... but the state of the world on so many different levels does concern me. I do notice days like this and really appreciate them. When it gets hotter, we see fewer and fewer days such as these.

What do you see where you live?




11 comments:

  1. WowiEEEEE! What a beauty full view! I wish YOU many clear days Angela! and only 2 hours to the Ocean! I can only dream! *sigh* Have a SWEET week! xo, Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much the same as you Sweetie....lots of beauty...and today very warm Spring weather! Enjoy your Monday Angela Sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...mountains. And snow capped! Those are REAL mountains! I miss the mountains of New England. Here in Texas, I live in the Hill Country. Having lived near real mountains and hills for most of my life, I'm pressed to actually find them (I'm actually being fresh here!). Where I am today, I see gorgeous open skies (the flat land allows for that "big sky" thing). It's the beginning of bad weather season (tornados and severe storms in the evenings). So today's beautiful blue sky dotted with little clouds is much lovelier than the dark roiling mess of gray and green clouds we had last night!

    I love your pictures. Enjoy the mountains for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree. I love where we live with the exception of "alergies." (cough, sneeze)
    As a child my dad would take us to Patterson foothills after church on sundays for picnics. Great memoies.
    You go ahead and toot your horn, girl, I see you out walking to work! An I applaud you as I "drive" by. I need to walk more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela Marie such views you have! My views, are not much to speak of. I don't have mountains...but a short three minute drive south brings Lake Ontario, and for that I am thankful. I would go crazy without a beach of some kind.
    I dream of living in my ideal setting; mountains, beach together.
    Heaven!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see much the same as you. I live the Willamette valley. On a clear day I can see MT.Hood,Mt Jefferson and Mt.St. Helens. The coast range starts about 2 miles from my house and I can be at the beach in an hour or Mt hood in a hour and half.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely pics.

    ever since we watched Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth", we have taken much more action into helping save our precious Mother Earth.

    i hear you...

    love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. where i live...
    well, at the current time im living with strangers. not strangers really, family friends that i havent seen since i was a kid. stuff at home was a wreck so my parents flew me out to Idaho
    but one thing i will say about it... i see mountains so beautiful they make me have faith in things again. and old VW vans parked at rest stops and red barns that burnt down years ago. for the first time in a really long time, i feel inspired again :) i love reading your blog <33

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well........if I look out my front door and to the left, I often see YOU :) (lucky me!)

    I cant remember the last time I actually touched snow Brrrrrrrrrrr

    Our surrounding orchards are my favorite part. They ring in the seasons and dismiss them when they're over. And....they do it with such grace :)

    love you buddy,
    XOXO Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful vista!
    From my neck of the woods, I see the foothills of the Appalachians to my NE, smog of the city to my south and usually beautiful sunsets on a flat western horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely don't have your view, but we do have lots of trees here so that is nice. I can't wait to move to my new house and we have a lovely view of the hills and many trees!

    ReplyDelete