Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Dardanelle Bridge

Where we went camping at, was the small town of Dardanelle, population 2 (yes, that's correct, just 2), elevation 6,000 ft. It was my Grandma Bennie Jo's favorite place in the whole world. She went camping with us after my littlest sister Kiersten was born, and fell in love with the area at first sight. After her passing, our family gathered together in her honor, and spent the entire day there for the first time. While visiting, we felt her presence with us. The following year, my mom and I went back and found a rock shaped like a chair that we didn't remember from the year before. Convinced we hadn't overlooked it, we went through our pictures, which proved that it indeed was not. We like to believe that it is meant for us to sit and stay a while to enjoy the view.


This is the old Dardanelle Bridge built in 1933


The side view


Under the bridge


My Grandma's initials carved on side of the bridge; B.J. for Bennie Jo


Looking at the river standing on the bridge


Wild flower


I think that this was even an older bridge than the old Dardanelle Bridge.


This is where two iron rods are directly across from the rocks in the previous photo


Pine cones


Fern

Rock chair
Wild flower

11 comments:

  1. If it wouln't be asking to much, see if Charly will let me go on vacation with you next year!!!! I'll carry the water, or sweep the camp ground area.....!!(just kidding) Angela the pictures are wonderful...what a great place to camp out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty I am sure Grandma Benny jo
    was so there in spirit with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice post and the photos are nice too.

    My wife, Patty, and I have been married for 52 years today. Imagine that.
    52 married years

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely area Angela!!!! I just love it...I looked it up on the computer last night...it is quite aways from here....farther than I thought...my son likes to mountain bike there....there is a place we like to go that I have the same feelings about...PiPi Valley...Have you ever been there??? It's so beautiful...and I don't think too far from you...check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for showing us around your area it's very interesting ;o]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. Great!!!
    Bennie Jo led you to a magical spot that your family will treasure for years to come. The bridge is gorgeous!
    I will hug mum for you and we will chat in just over a week, take Care!
    xo
    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool. I like the personal connection you have with the place. Love the rock chair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a wonderful story and a great collection of photos! My children will probably come here to Phoenix after I die. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a stunning location. I can see why she loved it so.

    Love the pics of the old, old bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my but these photos are gorgeous and i love that your grandma's initials are carved under the bridge ~ so wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete