Monday, August 30, 2010

Pleasing To The Eye ~


I walked by this window and seen this antique green settee. It stopped me in my tracks. I think it was calling my name, "Angela, I would look lovely in your home. Please take me home." ~ Sorry, my hubby won't let me or really... I would. :(


I would like to try to make one of these hanging baskets with succulents some day. I think they are so pretty. A soon 'to do' project.


Every time I walk into this garden shop, I gravitate to this green shelf next to the stain glass. It has antique bottles with ocean motif bottle stoppers. Charlie will come up and as I am standing there and say to me, "What are you doing?" I always answer the same answer, "Just looking." He thinks I am strange sometimes.


I love the color of these succulents. It is called Echeveria 'Haagal Tolimanensis' known for its chunky olive green leaves suffused with amethyst and grey. I bought the only two the garden shop had. A Aeonium 'Kiwi" came home with me too. I will have to take another picture of them both. They are thriving and the succulent shown in the picture above has turned into a deeper purple amethyst! Simply beautiful!


The owner of the garden shop knows I love succulents and showed me this succulent garden in a pot. She said they flowered over night and it must have been that they were expecting me to come, and therefore, flowered for me ~ she is so sweet. :)


This garden shop has a huge enclosed gazebo with two french doors. I gravitate to this window also. Honestly... I could stay there all day.


I love the contrasting colors in these plants. They make me think of the next season to come... Fall. My favorite.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful.

    I love my succulent pot, but need to make a new one using some new colorful ones.

    Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL men look at things differently. All I kept seeing was a cool looking fire truck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jose ~ you seen it! LOL!
    :D
    I think your right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have a keen eye for photos.

    You constantly inspire me to get those similar photos.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Jose liked that fire truck, he will certainly enjoy one that will be coming up on my blog in within a week. It was taken at the Kutelo winery in Napa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos and I love the little shops you go into. you have your Grandpa Garcia's green thumb kiddo!!

    love you bunches
    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos.. I enjoyed seeing your latest posts and had a giggle about the toothpaste thing but yuck..he didn't realize it?!?

    ReplyDelete