Friday, May 16, 2008

The purple scarf ~

Before Charlie went into the hospital, I shared an idea with you about knitting a scarf with my Knifty Knitter, picking someone who left a comment that they wanted one and with a request for a certain color. Someone had asked if I would post a photo of the scarf when I was done. Here it is and it is on it's way Tricia (I might add here ~ I went to her blog and she is knitting a shrug type sweater... geees! And I was feeling pretty good about the masterpiece I knitted with my trusty gadget! ;D). To my surprise, I really found this quite enjoyable! Although I also found it interesting as I ran my hand across the yarn and was feeling it, the thoughts that were running through my head. I was thinking, 'It has to be soft, not itchy, and it has to be the right shade of purple.' As I continued with this thinking process, I started to get a little nervous as my thoughts started to take off with, 'Was it the right shade of purple? What if she hates this shade?!' I then came across this yarn by Berroco and knew it was the right one! The color is YORN SOFTY PURPLE POSSIO and is it soft! I don't know about you but I can see this scarf with a jean jacket or a brown suede car coat. Oh! Don't forget the pretty earrings!
Can you see it?

I hope you like it Tricia!







10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scarf you made!!! it looks sooooo soft :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful.

    Glad it brought you so much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! I would LOVE one and it does LOOK sooOOOOOoo soft!!! Etsy is calling your name sweet woman!!! tee hee Love and prayers on a Saturday afternoon,xooxox, Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that's my scarf! I was robbed!! J/K....really!

    Congratulations Tricia.

    Great job Angela.

    xoxo♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! It looks very nice and 'warm' in every way. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela -

    The scarf is absolutely beautiful! The color is exquisite. Even though I knit as well, I have no scarfs for myself. I will especially cherish this scarf because it was made for me from you. I hope you and Charlie are having a good weekend. You are both in my prayers.

    xo

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks good to me -- even though I'm not getting it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I want to just smoosh that all over my face! It looks YUMMY! Good job, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulatins Tricia...the scarf is beautiful and full of love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful color and it looks really soft you did a great job you can teach me how to use my nifty knitter!!


    hugs

    ReplyDelete