Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Your Laughter ~



"Take bread away from me, if you wish,
take air away, but
do not take from me your laughter."

Excerpt from Your Laughter ~ PABLO NERUDA

As I was sitting on the couch watching The Grammys, Charlie was sleeping while laying back in his reclining chair. It was when Beyonce was performing, I started laughing uncontrollably. I couldn't help but imagine, as she was on her knees of the stage, whipping her head around, around and around AND around, how funny it would be if her wig (well... I think it is) flew across the stage. While I was laughing, I felt someone looking at me and looked over to see that it was Charlie. I giggled as I apologized to him for waking him up. He smiled at me and said, "Baby, do you know how it makes me feel to hear you laugh? I love it." I thought that was so sweet and yet, I felt so bad at the same time. I didn't feel like I deserved what he expressed to me about how it makes him feel to hear my laughter. I had to explain to him what was making me laugh. He looked over at the television and seen her whipping her head everywhere and looked back at me with a crooked little smile that told me he gets me and said, "I don't care... I love it when you laugh."

6 comments:

  1. What a treasured moment. Thanks for sharing.

    Here is an assignment for you, recognize all of the reasons why you deserve the blessings you have. You earned them. Being humble is OK. I recommend you stay with the positive approach.

    I'm with Charlie about watching the Grammys. I just went to another room and watched something else. snerx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasured moment. Thanks for sharing.

    Here is an assignment for you, recognize all of the reasons why you deserve the blessings you have. You earned them. Being humble is OK. I recommend you stay with the positive approach.

    I'm with Charlie about watching the Grammys. I just went to another room and watched something else. snerx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do deserve any precious moment you get. I know you, and I know the love and sacrifice you have unselfishly given.
    You are so special, and I would like to clone Charlie!!! We need more romantic men in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so cute I am so glad that you laughed and Charlie gets why!! and that he loves hearing your laughter!!


    love and hugs
    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jack... I will work on your assignment.

    ((BIG HUG))

    ReplyDelete