Sunday, February 21, 2010

Kindred Spirit ~


This is what my fortune said...

Kindred Spirits are two people that make a special connection by sharing a bond that has joined them by the means of an experience that has drawn them together on a higher level of consciousness. This connection can be from the same experience at the same time or two separate experiences similar in nature.

I was able to meet with someone who means a lot to me this last Friday. We were reacquainted through facebook. I had seen her profile picture on a list of a mutual friend. If you know anything about fb, you know what I am talking about. LOL! I was so happy to see her face there!

I have often thought about her throughout the years and have always wanted to let her know how much she meant to me. When I was younger, I felt like she took me under her wing and cared for me. She cared about everyone because that is simply part of her character. She is the real deal; genuine. When I had met her, my parents had just split up and it was like she just sensed I needed a little more love than the rest of the kids.

Susan was always a positive role model for me in more ways than I can explain, though I'll attempt to address a few: in the way she goofed around with her husband and kids and how she also stood up for herself, in how she was always there for people if they needed her to be; but not in a busy body kind of way. She put her family first, cared for her parents and people around her. When I would see her out and about, her face would light up when she would see me. I always felt loved and wanted when I was with her and when I walked away from our meeting.

I recently went through some boxes of my children's keepsakes from when they were little. I came across cards from Susan when I was pregnant with my son Rob. I found her cards of encouragement, at a very lonely time in my life, reminding me I was not alone; she was there if I needed her.

I sent her a message on fb, letting her know how much she meant to me and what an impact she made on my life. Her kindness not only affected my life and how I treated the people that God put into my path, but it rippled into how my children treat people in their life.

Long story short, she sent me a message back and we e-mailed each other catching up with what has been going on in each of our lives. Susan let me know that she was going to be flying into California and we were able to get together at Starbucks on Friday. As we drank our iced tea and Caramel Macchiato, we learned we both had a lot in common. As we said our good-byes, she wanted me know, how much my initial message meant to her; so much, she framed it.

My husband and I went to a little Chinese restaurant in the little town I live in. I shared my visit that I had with Susan, with him over dinner. It came time to open up our fortune cookie. I smiled as I read mine to Charlie through teary filled eyes. He reached for my hand and said, "You already met yours today at Starbucks."

3 comments:

  1. Kindred spirits are everywhere. We just have to be open to connecting. When the time is right it will happen.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool mija
    I am glad that you got to experience this and I agree with your friend jack kindred spirits are everywhere.


    peace and love and hugs
    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack and Tia ~ I absolutely agree!

    :)

    ReplyDelete