Friday, December 18, 2009

A Rockin' Santa


Santa getting his groove on!

Our local fire station drives one of their fire trucks adorned with lights up and down the streets in the little town where I live. While Christmas music lets the residents know they are coming, Santa waves and yells "Merry Christmas!" In addition, little elves are busy handing out candy canes. Everyone looks forward to this event and will walk out to the street to greet our Fire Fighters to support their jolliness. Diandra danced along to the music "Rockin' Around" as the firetruck with Santa atop came down the road. Santa obviously saw her ahead of him, because he started mimicking her moves, and rocked to the music as he passed our house.

We are on our way to see two of our grandson's Christmas Program. You never know what little kids will do up on stage. What a great way to start the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what fun!!


    sending love and hugs your way
    peace, hugs, and love

    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Angela, I'm so glad you said hello when you saw me in Michael's this week. How nice to reconnect again.

    Love the fire truck. We have one of those that comes around every year as well. Silly, I know, at my age, but I get positively giddy when the truck comes around and my camera goes crazy. LOL Alas, I think I missed it on our street this year.

    Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete