Wednesday, February 25, 2009
The House of Stone
The house above has always caught my eye while driving towards Big Sur. You might miss it if you are the driver, because it is a non-stop curvy road that you have to pay attention to. With that being said, it sits off of the road, down on a rocky cliff; literally on a cliff, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It is really beautiful and unless you are looking for it, you can miss it because it blends in with the rocks of the cliff.
Every time I see this house, my mind goes in ten different directions.
1. I wonder what it would be like to live in that house.
2. What are the people like that live in that house.
3. Are they happy?
4. Are they afraid that the house could slip into the Pacific Ocean?
5. I wonder how hard it was to build that house sitting on the cliff like that?
6. Did the contractor consider it because of the challenge?
7. I wonder what the other houses look like that the contractor has built?
8. If I lived in that house, I would be afraid of the house falling into the ocean.
9. I can see myself, in the morning, dressed in my robe, with a cup of coffee admiring the sight of the ocean and breathing the misty air into my lungs.
10. Are the people that live there happy?