Saturday, January 10, 2009
I always find it hard to blog after I have been absent. I don't know why that is. I also find it hard to comment on blogs. It feels like I have arrived to the party late. When you have been some place (in your life) and every one's has still been going and thriving. I just feel out of sorts... it is hard to explain. I have been feeling like this for some time now. I feel like I have to just dive in no matter what the temperature of the water is. At times I have contemplated in deleting my blog. I feel that bloggging has been a great experience, but I also don't like the way it makes me feel some of the time. I then think of the badge that has been around for quite some time, Blogging Without Obligation:
* Because you shouldn't have to look at your blog like it is a treadmill.
* Because its okay to just say what you have to say. If that makes for a long post, fine. Short post, fine. Frequent post, fine. Infrequent post, fine.
* Because its okay to not always be enthralled with the sound of your own typing.
* Because sometimes less is more.
* Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog.
* Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone.
* Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be "bloggable".
* Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won't be a chore. Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time. . .
One post at a time...